Workplace injuries have become a common thing over the years and are caused by outdated office furniture and poor workplace design. As a result, employees are now looking for companies that value their values and offer ergonomic office furniture.
A company's human resources or its employees are its biggest assets. It is essential to take care of your human resources to ensure they value their position at your company.
Why you should consider ergonomic office furniture?
After sitting and working at the space spot for more than 8 hours every day for five days of the week, people spend the weekend giving their bodies a rest. Many people experience pain and workplace fatigue due to the discomfort of their office chairs and come home with body pain.
Ergonomics is the process of designing products in a manner that they can be used by multiple people without discomfort. Ergonomics supports posture and provides comfort to the users.
The benefit of ergonomically designed office equipment includes increased productivity, work morale, and a happier environment. Hence, the innovative design of the ergonomic office furniture supports both the physical and mental well-being and posture of your employees. Ergonomic office furniture is basically furniture designed to keep the comfort and posture of the employees in mind.
When you or your company is getting ready to invest in furniture, then why not buy items that are good for the employees’ wellbeing and comfort?
How to equip your workspace with ergonomic office furniture?
A company that strives hard to keep its employees happy, is one that will reach success. Moreover, employees tend to respect their bosses more when they have not been sitting on a painful chair all day long.
- Individual needs: If you have a small team and are getting the furniture manufactured for various individuals keeping their preferences and body in mind then you will need information about their height, weight, gender, and right or left-handedness.
- Work requirement: Ergonomics can be adjusted in accordance with the type of work that is being carried out in an office. If the work involves sitting and standing, again and again, typing or taking phone calls, etc. then the ergonomics will be adjusted in accordance.
Adjustable and flexible:
- Adjustable height is one of the most common ergonomic methods used to make the seating of employees, comfortable. A chair that is used by changing employees must offer flexibility in terms of height. Some chairs have interchangeable cylinders to accommodate people of different weights and sizes. Many chairs offer armrests that can also be adjusted by the user as per their needs.
- Sit-stand desks and adjustable desks are available to help avoid back and neck pain amongst employees. Moreover, many employees feel lazy when sitting around, an ergonomic chair with adjustable desk height can increase employee productivity and comfort. Moreover, you get to choose the position you're comfortable in.
- People who do not have an adjustable desk can use a footrest to keep themselves from experiencing leg pain after they reach home. Some desks come with in-built footrests for the convenience of the user.
Try before you buy:You must try the product that you're buying to ensure it delivers the ergonomic features that it promises. Moreover, if you're not buying a large number of items, then you need to ensure that the product fits your body shape and size.
Positioning your furniture and office equipment:For ergonomic office furniture to truly help your employees, you need more than just the right furniture. The way the keyboard, mouse, desk, and monitor are positioned will also have an impact on your posture. Once you have the ergonomic office furniture installed, your employees and you will see the difference in the health and productivity of the people.
Give your employees a new and healthier experience
If you're looking for ergonomic office furniture, you can reach out to Gebesa. We are a team of experienced professionals and can help you find the right furniture for the physical and mental well-being of your employees. We are aware of the effects that sitting for too long can have on your body and suggest innovative furniture designs to help you out.